Deep Space Nine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum-based RPG for DS9. Currently accepting both canon and original characters. Backstories for original characters may be subject to change based on forum story.

General Format

Benjamin Sisko
    Benjamin Sisko
    Admin
    Admin

General Format Empty General Format

Post by Benjamin Sisko Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:53 pm

I know what you're slightly worried about: Format, right?
    Worry no more!

All kidding aside, the format here is similar to writing a book, but with added line breaks (new format I'm trying out). I know it's not for everyone, and some have trouble writing that way (I did too, until I started doing a RPG with the format), but don't worry, if you have any questions or concerns about format, you can PM myself or a mod (if any) to ask for help with a post, I'd be happy to help out and even make notes for you to reference.

So, format:

Actions should be bold and in italics. For example:
    Sisko read the PADD that had been sitting on his desk all morning.

"Dialog should be in quotes." (self explanatory)

comm "Using a commbadge or comm panel must include the quoted dialog, as well as the (comm) symbols. Like this comment." comm (they can be found in the smileys)

Normal text that doesn't involve actions, dialog, or commbadges can be typed normally. For example:

Sisko wasn't sure what to make of the new arrivals, but perhaps they'd prove themselves with time.

All separate formats should be kept on their own lines (hit enter/return twice for a new line), this improves readability and reduced eye strain. For example:

Sisko wasn't sure what to make of the new arrivals, but perhaps they'd prove themselves with time.

Sisko read the PADD that had been laying on his desk all morning, but quickly put it down and tapped his commbadge.

comm "Sisko to Major Kyra. Please come to my office." comm

Again, Out Of Character (OOC) comments should be put in a spoiler tag with the title "OOC":
    OOC:

------------------
    ---Conclusion---
    ------------------
    A normal post should look something like this:

Sisko walked over to the replicator.

"Coffee, black, sweetened."

The replicator deposited his coffee accordingly. It was visibly hot as steam was rising from the mug.

Sisko took the cup and sipped it lightly as he slowly walked around Ops, checking up on everyone as the morning began.
    OOC:

A loud noise suddenly engulfed the room.

Sisko winced from the noise.

"What the hell was that?"

--------------------
    Any questions about format can, again, be directed to any staff member, myself included.
    Benjamin Sisko
    Benjamin Sisko
    Admin
    Admin

General Format Empty Re: General Format

Post by Benjamin Sisko Fri May 05, 2017 12:38 am

I should add that not all of this particular section is finished yet, there are still formatting issues I've yet to type up. However, if you have any questions you can PM me directly, or you can also check my posts to see if they answer your question as well.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:26 am